PENN STATE UNIVERSITY, University Park, PA
- Faculty Lecturer, Department of Communication Arts And Sciences, 1999 – 2006
- Faculty Associate, The Public Scholarship Program, 2006
- Assistant, The Center for Civic Engagement, 2003
- Sole responsibility for design, instruction, and management of all courses:
- 400 Level Special Topics: Public Argument and Social Activism, Theory of Social Action, Private Lives/Public Voices, The Intersections of the Performative Arts and Social Justice, and The Academic Interview Preparation Short Course for International Doctoral candidates.
- Core-curriculum: The Learning Edge Academic Program (LEAP) Freshman Seminar for Communication Arts and Sciences/Business Leadership Pride and Communication Arts and Sciences /English Pride, CAS 100A: Message Preparation and Presentation, CAS 100B: Small Group Dynamics and Presentation, CAS 100D: The Reticence Program and Teaching Study Skills to At-Risk Children.
- Guest-Lectured in 13 different courses in 7 undergraduate and graduate programs.
- MFA Graduate Candidate Instructor, Department of Speech, 1991 – 1993
NORTHERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY, Highland Heights, KY
- Adjunct Faculty Member, Department of Communication, 1997 – 1998
- Instructor, Community Education and Professional Development Program, 1997 – 1998
Designed and instructed courses on Sexual Harassment Prevention and Management
THE UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI, Cincinnati, OH
- Adjunct Faculty Member, Department of Communication Arts, 1996 – 1997
- M.A. Speech Communication, Penn State University, 1994
- Thesis: “A Descriptive Study of a Communication-Based Training Program on Sexual Harassment”
- MA Program Chair and Advisor was Department Head, Dr. Dennis Gouran
- B.A. General Arts and Sciences, Penn State University, 1990
AWARDS ACADEMICS MEMBERSHIPS