DORA TRAVELS TO LOS ANGELES FOR THE FLAME, FIST AND DANCE TOUR! WITH PAT PAYNE & SANDRA HUNTER AKKA B.
“I have been flame, fist, dance and spin…”From Dora’s poem, Homecoming, in her collection of poems, the…
Penn Stater Conference Center, University Park, PA. December 2005
Empowering the Survivor’s Voice: Writing Programs as a Means of Healing Workshop
Original 3-hour workshop designed for outreach services individuals to develop writing workshops for survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
Boston, MA. November 2005
The Health of the Discipline: The Role of Public Speaking as an Academic Course in the 21st Century
Panel presentation analyzing the direction of public speaking pedagogy in the 21st century, emphasizing public speaking as a means of civic engagement, activism and empowerment. Illness prohibited attendance.
With The Women’s Resource Center of Scranton, PA and Marywood University
Marywood University, September 25, 2005, conference begins at 8:00 am
1. One Woman’s Voice: Poetry as a Means of Healing and Activism
Speech combined with original poetry to share my development from survivor of violence to statewide domestic and sexual violence activist.
2. Participation on panel responding to one family’s encounters with the various legal and protective services systems when experiencing domestic and sexual violence.
1. Rockview Institution, Impact of Sexual Assault and Abuse.
2. Houtzdale Institution, Impact of Partner and Child Abuse, including Sexual Abuse.
Penn State University, Pavilion Theatre, 9/11/2005 – Noon
Invited to join cast as Nurse Daisy Perkins by playwright, director, and actor Charles Dumas, in honor of 9/11
All around State College this year! July 2005
Readings for a variety of events as featured poet and host – please check the website to check all events, and my schedule, as well!
Penn State University, Steps of Old Main, April 19, 2005 – 6:00 pm
1. Final speaker/performer during the opening rally and
2. Concluding speaker at end of evening events.
The 11th Annual Performance Studies International Conference
Brown University, Providence, RI, April 2005
The Hookah Lounge, College Ave, State College, PA, April 2005 – 8:00 pm