Items for Sale
Books and eBooks
the scorched earth collection of poems and
the scorched earth: spoken audio disc companion
Expanded Second Edition by Dora E. McQuaid
the scorched earth is Dora E. McQuaid’s collection of poems about her journey from victimization to survivorship, through healing from a history of both sexual and domestic violence into empowerment and advocacy as an award-winning poet, activist, speaker and teacher. The audio disc companion, the scorched earth: spoken is a studio recording of Dora performing all 35 poems of the Expanded, Second Edition of this hard-cover collection.
Dora is pleased to offer this expanded, second edition, which includes:
- The Foreword by Eve Ensler, award-winning author of The Vagina Monologues,
- the scorched earth: spoken Audio Companion of Dora performing all 35 poems in the book,
- 7 new poems since the 1999 publication of the original version of this collection,
- An in-depth, comprehensive Discussion and Study Guide designed for use in a variety of settings to explore the issues of both domestic and sexual violence and
- A listing of international Resources for Survivors of both forms of violence.
Order Your Signed Copies Now:
ONE WOMAN’S VOICE: DORA E. MCQUAID
Dora E. McQuaidA film by Kate Bogle, 2003
PREMIERE: November 19, 2003
PA Commission on Crime and Delinquency’s Annual Pathways Conference
1:00 pm. Presidents’ Hall of the Penn Stater Conference Center
This documentary of my efforts as poet, activist and teacher was made by a truly amazing woman, Kate Bogle, who was a film major at Penn State when she made this documentary for one of her courses. In the process of making this film, I had the honor of learning to call Kate my friend and sister. The poem “My Fear is My Greatest Weakness” is dedicated to her, with gratitude for her friendship and presence in my life.
Click here to read the film description, or to purchase One Woman’s Voice. Type “Dora E. McQuaid” into the search bar.
Click one-womans-voice-film-press-release to read the press release from Penn State Media Sales.
Check back for additional screenings of the film!
AROUND THIS TABLE
The poem Around This Table is available in poster form through the www.pcadv.org website by clicking here
All sales are donated to the Memorial Fund to honor women lost in domestic-violence related homicides.
For Susan Kelly-Dreiss, to honor her and the founding members of the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence, whose pioneering spirits and work over the last 25 years has led to the first statewide coalition against domestic violence in the United States, which has impacted
- the initiation and development of state and federal laws in respect to domestic violence,
- the development of special projects and resources attending to a wide variety of federal, state, and local needs in respect to domestic violence,
- and the establishment of outreach services designed to assist and empower victims and survivors of domestic violence in reclaiming their lives.
Dora will be debuting her greeting card line in Autumn 2020.
Fill out the eNewsletter signup in the sidebar and you will be notified when her greeting cards are available.